Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Verbal Abuse

So today I am sitting on the curb in the parking lot of a Carl's Jr. changing a flat tire. Some guys roll out of the drive through, and as they drive by me, they roll down the window and yell "bike faggot!"

Bike faggot? Wow.

No one's rolled down their window and called me a "faggot" anything since 1985 when I was walking down the street with a 6" green mowhawk. Then, of course Nirvana came along and made punk rock cool. My guess is the verbal abuse against punk kids tapered off after that.

Apparently, and despite all he's done, Lance Armstrong hasn't made bicycling cool enough yet. And that's so unfair to Lance. Maybe these guys still think the Rams are still in LA, and are just completely out of touch with sports.

Or maybe they are just dumb. I can think of way cooler things to yell should I be inclined to yell out my car window after all.

Incredible.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails