Friday, January 7, 2011

Hood To Coast - The Movie

Despite the fact that there are over 500 million active Facebook users (which is about 499,999,750 more than Endurance Athlete Project at the moment in case you where wondering), I happened to run into a woman named Anna Campbell online today.  It turns out that Anna is one of the producers of the film Hood To Coast, which will be showing in theaters for one night on January 11th on over 350 screens nationwide.

I'm not sure what the long term distribution plan for the movie is, but the one night premiere they have planned is a pretty awesome idea.  I'm all about big gatherings that celebrate what we love, be it virtual or in real time.  This one's a bit of both - like minded people gathering together in locations across the country to see the film, all more or less at the same time.

The goal of premiere night?  Well, according to Anna in one of her messages:
Our goal is for the event to inspire runners all around the country, uniting the running community for one big night, and hopefully make some new friends along the way. And even for non-runners, the stories are universal... funny, moving and inspirational. If you've ever wanted to explain why you choose to run, this is a great opportunity to share your story! We can't wait for people to see this film.
And I can't wait to see it either.  First off, because I think it's going to be awesome.  Check out the film's synopsis from the website:
HOOD TO COAST follows four unlikely teams on their epic journey to conquer the world's largest relay race. The film captures the love, dedication, and insanity of the every day runner as well as the excitement, pain, and humor of the unprepared first timer. Their stories are reminders that no matter who you are, you can push yourself beyond where you thought your limits were.

Each year 1,000 teams (12,000 runners) in 2,000 vans cover 197 grueling miles as a relay, putting themselves through an arduous physical journey that as an individual would be impossible.

Some run to test their personal limits, some to overcome personal obstacles, and others leap in blindly looking for a way to shake up a complacent life. As we follow four teams from their preparations through the big day, we realize that winning isn't everything in a film that takes a celebratory look at personal motivation and attempting the extraordinary.
Secondly, I want to see it because I was lucky enough to find my way on one of the teams for this years race and I want to see what I've gotten myself into.

Click here to see if it's playing at a theater near you.  And if someone from the blogosphere lives near by, invite them out to see it with you.  So for Craig, that means you and I have to head over to Bella Terra next Tuesday.

13 comments:

KovasP said...

Cannot wait to see this movie and hear how your run goes later - relays sound like a lot of fun!

DRog said...

Thanks for the update and reminder! I forgot about this. I saw a preview for this movie when we went to the one night showing of the Leadville RAce Across the Sky film. Hood to Coast looks solid.

D

Unknown said...

Im going to watch it Too in Syracuse, NY!! Its going to be very interesting Im sure!

Big Clyde said...

I saw Leadville and want to see this too. Looks inspiring. Thanks for the post.

Laurie said...

I'm going too... here in Eugene, OR... if anyone is in the area. I'll also be at Hood to Coast this year (maybe I'll run into you) as a first timer... hopefully the film sheds some light.

Bryan S said...

I'm going here in OKC. I invited a group of folks that I'm trying to convince to register for 2012. Can't wait to see it and follow your journey.

Christi said...

I am going to see it in COS, CO!

TRI714 said...

dude, I'm in and I actually have goose bumps. That is some serious shite !! Never stop inspiring me, all of you. You have know idea what it meens to me.

Kate Geisen said...

Oh, wow...you're doing it? Awesome! Now I'll get to read about it. Unfortunately, I'll be on my regular volleyball driver duty on Tuesday night. I hope it comes out on DVD so I can see it then.

Jason said...

I actually got an email today from Anna Campbell that I won two tickets to see the movie and I am fired up for it.

And now I am more excited because you are doing it. That is awesome.

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

I cannot wait to see this on the 11th. =)

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great movie. I'm envious of your getting on a team; it sounds like such an exciting and novel experience.

Tortuga_Runner said...

I'm watching it too. Congrats on scoring a spot in this years running.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails