Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Bike - Revisited

I have no idea what's happened in the last 18 days.

I posted this on February 27th. It's almost embarrassing to re-read this post. Because all of a sudden I am absolutely mad for the bike.

So what happened? I'm not sure. I read a book about the Tour De France. I bought a new saddle that's way more comfortable. I had a pretty good bike time at a sprint triathlon a few weeks ago. That's about it.

I must have had some some sort of mental (or perhaps physical) breakthrough that I am not yet aware of.

This has not been at the expense of running or swimming. I've got an open water swim tomorrow that I am very excited about. I went on a run in Vancouver last Saturday which ended up being one of my top 5 runs of all time. In fact, if any of you are ever in Vancouver and do not do this run, I might take it personally.



So yeah, me + the bike = happy. And I have no idea what happened. And I guess I don't care why, because what's happening is good.

So now I'd like a new bike. And it isn't cheap, but I can't stand for a mushy bottom bracket anymore, can I? Happy is happy and good is good. But of course this stuff is never simple.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails