Friday, April 23, 2010

Ugh


11:50 PM, Friday. At 4 AM, Saturday, I will be getting a wake up call to head for the airport. I made a mistake in my post last night by saying that my flight was at 6:45. It's not, it's at 6:15.

There is no chance of falling asleep anytime soon. So I'll put you to sleep with another blog post.

I do have one thing going for me. Because I have been loyal to United Airlines since I don't remember when, I received an e-mail this morning informing me in all it's HTML based glory that I am getting an upgrade. So there is a CHANCE that the extra degree or two of pitch in the seat back angle will allow me to sleep. The width of the seat doesn't matter anymore.

The reason I started flying United is really geeky. They offered the chance to listen into Air Traffic Control on your seat headset. So I started flying with them. I could (and still can) listen to ATC for hours.

So maybe I should just stay up. Watch a movie now, nap for an hour, and then head over to the airport. If I can fall asleep on the plane I will awake somewhat rested as we cross over the HECTOR VOR, cross the crest of the San Bernadino Mountains and start our decent to LAX, probably by the CIVET Arrival Route. Like I said, I've listened to a lot of Air Traffic Control.

I also plan on breaking my normally decent diet and grab a couple of Dunkin' Donuts before I board. There are no Dunkin' Donuts in California. In Boston, and in New England in general, you literally can't go a mile without seeing one.

I don't have much more to say except I'll be posting a race report from the Xterra Crystal Cove Trail Race on Sunday. Until then...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails