I Tri To Be Me tagged me to list 10 random things about myself. Thanks Aimee, I sorta-kinda hoped someone would tag me for this, it looked fun. So here it goes. I have not put any prior thought into this list, so I hope it comes out as intended - random.
1. I am from Massachusetts, but I now consider myself a fully naturalized California citizen. Other than Massachusetts, I have lived in California the longest, with previous layovers in New York and Atlanta.
2. Even though I am from Massachusetts, I was born on an air force base in Selma, Alabama. The base was called Craig AFB, I believe. It's now closed.
3. I am an aviation dork. I keep a list of airports I've flown in and/or out of (currently 117), I can recognize the type of most commercial aircraft and I try to book all my flights on United so I can listen to air traffic control on the plane's audio system.
4. I once wrestled a bear.
5. I just made "4" up.
6. I have two younger sisters. Megan is a school teacher on a (permanent?) sabbatical raising 3 kids and living in Boston with her husband. Catherine lives in New York and writes grant applications for artists and also manages the business affairs for the artist and film producer Eve Sussman.
7. My wife Mary and I met in Las Vegas. I know what you are thinking, but I have never been part of a male review. If I had, that would have been my number "1". Our meeting in Vegas has no geographical significance other than that we were both at the same trade show.
8. I absolutely love London, but I've been lucky in Texas.
9. It's nearly impossible for me to fall asleep without reading first, even if it's for only 5 minutes.
10. Unlike many of my friends at the time, I was never confused about the balance of power in Star Wars. It was always clear to me that Han was cooler than Luke.
So now I need to tag 5 fellow bloggers. My method is amazingly unscientific - I'm just going to think of 5 people who I don't recall seeing a post like this from them:
Jeff - Dangle The Carrot
Have a good Monday.