Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tag, I'm it - 10 things about me.

Aimee from I Tri To Be Me tagged me to list 10 random things about myself.  Thanks Aimee, I sorta-kinda hoped someone would tag me for this, it looked fun.  So here it goes.  I have not put any prior thought into this list, so I hope it comes out as intended - random.

1.  I am from Massachusetts, but I now consider myself a fully naturalized California citizen.  Other than Massachusetts, I have lived in California the longest, with previous layovers in New York and Atlanta.

2.  Even though I am from Massachusetts,  I was born on an air force base in Selma, Alabama.  The base was called Craig AFB, I believe.  It's now closed.

3.  I am an aviation dork.  I keep a list of airports I've flown in and/or out of (currently 117), I can recognize the type of most commercial aircraft and I try to book all my flights on United so I can listen to air traffic control on the plane's audio system.

4.  I once wrestled a bear.

5.  I just made "4" up.

6.  I have two younger sisters.  Megan is a school teacher on a (permanent?) sabbatical raising 3 kids and living in Boston with her husband.  Catherine lives in New York and writes grant applications for artists and also manages the business affairs for the artist and film producer Eve Sussman.

7.  My wife Mary and I met in Las Vegas.  I know what you are thinking, but I have never been part of a male review.  If I had, that would have been my number "1".  Our meeting in Vegas has no geographical significance other than that we were both at the same trade show.

8.  I absolutely love London, but I've been lucky in Texas.

9.  It's nearly impossible for me to fall asleep without reading first, even if it's for only 5 minutes.

10.  Unlike many of my friends at the time, I was never confused about the balance of power in Star Wars.  It was always clear to me that Han was cooler than Luke.

So now I need to tag 5 fellow bloggers.  My method is amazingly unscientific - I'm just going to think of 5 people who I don't recall seeing a post like this from them:

Big Clyde
Diana Tries-A-Tri
Jeff - Dangle The Carrot
Glenn Jones
Rad Runner

Have a good Monday.

11 comments:

KovasP said...

So I'll bite on #8 - was it a Harrison Ford revue at Chippendale's?

Matty O said...

haha nice post! Thanks for sharing with us.

Ever miss the snow?

Jennifer said...

Weird... we have numbers 8 and 10 in common.

Heather said...

Nice to get to know you!
Everyone is lucky in Texas. :)

Lindsay said...

So fun :) I'm a big fan of randomness. I LOL'd at number 5, after I thought you were all macho.

Emz said...

really? LOVE London? You must have gone there during their two good weeks of weather.

My MIL lives there. Hate going there to visit her [and I really like her].

DRog said...

Envious of #1...lived in Southern CA for awhile...now I have half year of winter.
I should "take a page from your book" start reading at night maybe get to bed earlier!
-D

valen said...

we share #4,



and 5

ajh said...

I totally agree with #9.

Julie said...

I love these kinds of posts! It was nice to learn a little bit more about you! I love number 4 and 5:)

Aimee said...

Thanks for playing along! :) I was already to ask you tons of questions about #4, then I read #5...ha ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails