Monday, August 16, 2010

Las Vegas



I'm writing from an Iphone mobile app. I hate Las Vegas yet I have to come here twice a year for industry trade-shows. This week is one of those "twice a year" times, though I have my schedule laid out strategically perfect (I hope) so that I can head back to Huntington early Wednesday. It's frickin' hot here, but I don't care, I just won't go outside.

I will have to decide if I'm going to throw down $30 for a gym pass tomorrow, we'll see.

Maybe for the next few days I'll micro blog random stuff because I'm sure there will plenty. In fact, when we walked in the hotel some dude with ugly neon board shorts suffering from an obvious steroid overdose was getting into the face of some old guy in the elevator lobby. And this is the MGM, not some flophouse downtown. I sometimes grieve for America.

11 comments:

Chris K said...

I hate Vegas too. $30 for a gym pass?! That's obnoxious. Well, I guess it would be a good workout cuz you wouldn't want to mail one in for $30.

Kathleen said...

I went to Vegas for the first time last year. I won't be going again. Hope the time passes quickly for you.

Kovas said...

Spend the $30 on a cab ride out to the desert - it's really beautiful out there.

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

Gotta love Vegas! Don't tell anyone, but I got married there 14 years ago. I'd do it all over again too. And back then, the gym pass was only $20 and I gladly paid it so as not to fry in the desert heat. Have fun!

Johann said...

Doesn’t look or sound like my type of place. Make the best of it!

Aimee said...

I don't really care for Vegas either. I can't believe you have to pay $30 for a gym pass! That's crazy!

Jeffrey said...

mmmm...Vegas. I may be in the minority, but I love Vegas. However, paying $30 for a one-day gym pass is brutal. Any chance you could pocket the $30 and just do your run early in the morn or late in the day when it is 'somewhat' cooler? Just a thought... A little passé, but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Good luck.

Big Clyde said...

Yeah, I used to live there for a job assignment about 10 years ago. If you can get off the strip, head out to the desert and do a run out there. Much better than a gym pass.

valen said...

30 bucks for a gym pass?!
that sucks! gotta hate vegas

Shannon (IronTexasMommy) said...

I Loooove Vegas! :) Ok, at least I loved it when I was in my 20's. Not so sure if it has quite the same lure 10 years later after you're married and have a kid. Sigh. Getting old sucks.

Unknown said...

Thirty dollars for a gym pass? I'd spend half the day there - and have a long, long, long shower after to get my money's worth.

Thanks so much for your comment on my sugar profile. I appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails