Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Meet Chris K or Die


Yesterday, Chris K over at BQ or Die formally confirmed his intention to participate in next February's Surf City Marathon by announcing that he had, in fact, registered that very day.  For those in the "know" (e.g. all of us), we've been expecting this announcement.  However, his journey towards Surf City was anything but sunshine and ponies.  The summer held some dark days where Chris was only able to aqua-jog due to injury, and even darker days when he couldn't even do that because some kid popped a turd in the pool.  What up, little man?  Don't you know Chris has a date with destiny on Boylston Street?

But Chris is back.  The Newtons are laced up and he is back on the road in preparation for a Boston Marathon qualifying time.  Word has it he's on an 18 week marathon training program.  Word has it he is feeling motivated.  As such, I have no doubt that the Superbowl will be as interesting as a late night repeat of Sports Center after his race goes down the way I expect it to.

Being inspired by the Inspired, I just registered for the 1/2 marathon.  To be honest, I was going to do it anyway, but the date and time of said registration is all down to Chris.  So a message to Chris:  I don't know when, where, or how, but you and I will be getting our high fives on at some point on February 6th.

Kovas, the pressure is on, buddy.  Never mind that I blew off the trip to Chicago, take the high road on this one.  Rumor has it Glenn is running too.

11 comments:

64 CLASSIC said...

Being from Missouri, anything with the word SURF in it sounds fun, especially in February!!

Congrats to yourself AND Chris K. on the entries. I know he has to be pumped to be healthy.

KovasP said...

What and miss the Super bowl? Hmmmm... it's not a buckle, but I wouldn't mind a surfboard medal.

Caratunk Girl said...

Congrats on the entry!

misszippy said...

This could be one entertaining meet-up--wish I could be a fly on the wall!

Emz said...

just make Kovas a fake buckle and he'll come. what is it with this guy and medals/awards?!

Barbie said...

How cool. Well done on the entry.

Unknown said...

Nice dude - That will be excellent training for the 70.3 in June. I just signed up for a half mary in the middle of January. It is on a flat course so I am going to try and crush it!

Glenn Jones said...

Uh oh. You mean I'll have to start seriously training?

Hannah said...

Very exciting - I'm looking forward to reading all about your 1/2 marathon in February! Ahhhhh, and nice weather in February.

(Stupid me, I'm traveling from Kansas - cold - to Oklahoma - cold - for my February events. So lame!)

Chris K said...

How did I miss this post? Yikes. You are a blogging machine Patrick, I can't keep up with you. Thanks for the shout out. I already gave Kovas a little nudge, seems he is a belt snob. You will love the half - great course.

Unknown said...

Oh, that's one review that is going to be interesting. Glad you're all up for the challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails